Ideal for ambulance operations and those taking the ECA training.
Ambulance Care Essentials is essential reading for emergency care assistants and others working in ambulance services within the NHS and private sectors and those taking ECA training
- How to be an effective member of the ambulance crew
- Important theoretical aspects include communication, legal aspects and professional issues
- Health and safety explained in detail
- Practical aspects include safe manual handling, scene and patient assessment, practical procedures such as maintaining the airway and assessing breathing and circulation
- Advanced techniques covered, such as advanced airway techniques and obtaining intravenous cannulation
- Patient populations encountered including medical emergencies, trauma, cardiac arrest, obstetrics, paediatrics and older people
- Supports senior clinicians.