A reliable and easy to use technologically advanced life saving device.
- Suitable for the workplace, sporting venues, schools, hotels, retail and places of worship
- Suitable for use by the layperson and the emergency first aider
- Rescue Coach™ voice guides the rescuer confidently and easily through the rescue process
- Detailed instructions for CPR include a metronome to assist with frequency of compressions
- Rescue Ready® defibrillation technology includes extensive daily, weekly and monthly tests
- Helpful text screen runs in tandem with the voice prompts
- Especially useful for audio challenged rescuers and in noisy environments
- Patented pre-connected non-polarized defibrillation pads (two year shelf life) simplify the pad placement process
- Provides Cardiac Science™ STAR® biphasic defibrillation energy waveform
- RHYTHMx™ technology - makes hard decisions fast
- The fully automatic version means shocks are delivered automatically (when appropriate) with no button to push or human intevention
- Seven year warranty on the AED - one of the longest warranties in the industry
- Four year full battery operational replacement guarantee
- Cardiac Science™ code: 9390A-502.
Contents: Defibrillator, one battery, two pairs of interchangeable defibrillation pads.
All Cardiac Science’s AEDs are supplied with a Quick start kit: which includes a Quick start guide, CD-ROM with AED manual, training video, Rescuelink(R) and MDLink software and serial download cable.
Powerheart® AEDs use the same pads and batteries (with the exception of H00038 and H00039).
STAR® biphasic defibrillation energy waveform technology
- There are a number of ways an AED can deliver a defibrillation shock. Some AEDs provide the same level of energy each time a shock is delivered. Other AEDs deliver higher levels of energy with each shock, but still administer the same energy level for every patient. Cardiac Science believes no two patients are alike. That's why Cardiac Science introduced the proprietary STAR® biphasic defibrillation energy waveform, providing escalating biphasic energy and customised, variable energy
- STAR® biphasic defibrillation energy waveform technology measures a patient's impedance (the body's opposition to the flow of electrical current), adjusts defibrillation parameters, and delivers an energy level customised to the needs of that patient
- STAR® biphasic defibrillation energy waveform technology escalates energy over a range of impedances. This proven method of escalating energy is consistent with American Heart Association guidelines and is well established in the defibrillation industry
- STAR® biphasic defibrillation energy waveform technology has the highest reported effectiveness in hospital and pre-hospital data
- In clinical trials, STAR® biphasic defibrillation energy waveform technology was 100% effective at defibrillating patients in ventricular fibrillation - the most common arrhythmia of sudden cardiac arrest on the first shock
- Pre-hospital data for STAR® biphasic defibrillation energy waveform technology has shown defibrillation success rates of 89% with an average number of 2.3 shocks per patient
- If using MDLink Software with the Powerheart® AED G3 Plus, a medical director can customise parameters to follow a desired defibrillation rescue protocol. Adjustable parameters include five defibrillation energy protocols such as ultra low, standard and non-escalating variable energy options.
Rescue Ready® technology
Cardiac Science’s Rescue Ready® technology distinguishes them from their competitors.
- Every day, to ensure anytime functionality, the AED self checks all main components (battery, hardware, software, and pads)
- Every week, the AED completes a partial charge of the high-voltage electronics
- Every month, the AED charges the high-voltage electronics to full energy.
If anything is amiss, the Rescue Ready® status indicator on the handle changes from green to red and the device will emit an audible alert to prompt the user to service the unit. In summary, a Powerheart AED is Rescue Ready® when a life depends on it.
RHYTHMx™ technology - makes hard decisions fast
The RHYTHMx™ technology offers the most advanced, smartest software analysis algorithm in the industry. The RHYTHMx™ technology is the intelligence behind the Cardiac Science's Powerheart hospital and public access defibrillation products, and is designed to continuously monitor, detect, and advise defibrillation therapy to treat cardiac arrhythmias.
- Specificity and sensitivity - clinical results with the RHYTHMx™ technology demonstrated 100% sensitivity (correct identification of shockable rhythms) and 99.4% specificity (correct identification of non-shockable rhythms)
- RHYTHMx™ technology differentiates between shockable life-threatening cardiac rhythms such as ventricular arrhythmias (VT/VF) and supraventricular tachyarrhythmia’s (SVT), plus distinguishes non-shockable cardiac arrhythmia events
- Non-committed device - if the RHYTHMx™ technology detects a shockable rhythm and charges, but recognises a rhythm change, the device automatically disarms, informs the user that that the rhythm has changed, and reanalyses the patient's heart rhythm
- Post-resuscitation monitoring - RHYTHMx™ technology continues to monitor the patient's heart rhythm post resuscitation, to instantly detect the reoccurrence of a life-threatening arrhythmia. If cardiac arrest recurs, the device will charge automatically and advise the operator to deliver a defibrillation shock
- Synchronised shock - RHYTHMx™ technology automatically synchronises shock delivery whenever possible to the patient's electrocardiogram R-wave. If unable to synchronise it will deliver an unsynchronised shock.
- Synchronisation of a defibrillation shock has been shown to be more effective in converting patients out of life threatening arrhythmias
- RHYTHMx™ technology that allows a medical director or physician to pre-program detection rates for shockable cardiac arrhythmias such as VF, VT and SVT
- Non-committed shock, pacemaker detection, and synchronised shock features
If you buy any defibrillator from St John Ambulance we'll train one person to use it on a scheduled course at one of our training centres for free.
We'd advise, however, that you invest in training everyone in your company who works near the device, even those who are not trained first aiders.
Our specialist on-site AED training courses mean you can conveniently train your staff without them needing to leave the workplace. For a competitive quote please telephone our customer services on 0844 770 4800.
It is a very short training course that can be run on its own or added onto a first aid course for bespoke on-site training. Find out more.
Do you need more information about defibrillators?
View our St John Ambulance defibrillator guide that shows you the importance of defibrillators in the workplace, and how they can be the difference between a life lost and a life saved.